When Is Open Enrollment Period 2019?
Open Enrollment Period 2019, also called OEP 2019, runs from November 1, 2018 through December 15, 2018. During this time, you can sign up for individual health insurance for 2019.
The deadline for health insurance is December 15, 2018.
Insurance Made Simple
Select your coverage amount
Apply in Minutes
Answer a few simple answers
Your options will be provided
Frequently Asked Questions
Click any question to learn more.
As mentioned above, the Open Enrollment Period (or OEP 2019) runs from November 1 through December 15, 2018 in most states. Find your state on the map below! Or, sign up here to receive deadline reminders by state.
- Affordable Care Act / Obamacare
- Read about health insurance plan types
- Alternatives to Affordable Care Act plans
- Short-Term Health Insurance
- Christian Health Plans
- Association Health Plans
Individual Mandate / Obamacare Penalty – The tax penalty for going
without minimum essential coverage is going away in 2019, but not 2018.
2019 Price Change Trends
- Prices have generally increased less than
they have in previous years.
- 2019 new insurers joining ACA – A handful of small companies have begun offering insurance, increasing consumer choice.
- Enhanced Direct Enrollment – In summary, this change will simplify the enrollment process for you compared to previous years.
Personal Situation Research
- Do you expect any major medical operations or pregnancies in the coming year?
- What are your goals? Are you looking for cheaper coverage, better coverage
- Understand Obamacare / ACA options
- 4 levels of health insurance planss: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. Levels determine which costs are shared between you and your plan. Your care is the same no matter which plan you choose.
- Consider your total healthcare costs, not just the premium.
- Know your alternatives, including Short-Term Health Plans.
- Collect information you’ll need to apply
- Household size
- Household income
- Current coverage information
- Sign up for OEP deadline email reminders here.
- Figure out your Obamacare subsidy eligibility with our Subsidy Calculator
You can still get a comprehensive health insurance plan to cover you for the rest of 2018, even after the Open Enrollment Period begins. However, you’ll need to call Insurance Made Simple hotline, as plan through market place are only available during annual open enrollment period or to those with a qualifying event outside of OEP through a special enrollment period.
Remember, plans last from January through December, so you’ll actually join two different plans – one for 2018 and one for 2019.
Extended Deadline Announcements
Deadlines are subject to change. Signup below if you’d like us to remind you when deadlines are approaching for your specific state.